Adding Halloween decor to your home can sometimes be tough as you may feel that you have to sacrifice your style for store bought items that fit awkwardly into your space and overwhelm you with bright blacks and oranges. Skip store bought this year and incorporate some homespun holiday style into space with handmade crafts custom made for any room. And even save money too!
So skip the overwhelming faux white “spider” webbing clouds that you pull apart and can never get off your hands! This giant yarn spiderweb could be crated with supplies you likely already have at home.
- tape (pick a tape that is friendly to your walls like painter’s tape or washi tape)
1. Start by cutting 3-4 long pieces of yarn and place them up on the wall with tape (or attach to nails nailed into the wall if you prefer to go the more permanent route). Position them to all intersect in the center.
2. Attach all of the yarn pieces at their intersection with a small piece of yarn and tie off. Trim off the excess.
3. Next use a large piece of yarn to start creating the webbing. Tie the yarn to one of the long strands and bring around to each of the next strands. At each long strand, tie the large piece of yarn to the strand (using a simple knot). Continue going to each strand, looping and tying until you have made your way back up to the first strand that you started with. Cut off the excess yarn. Each knot should be a slip knot so it can move up and down on the yarn.
4. Repeat step 3 with large and larger pieces for larger and larger rings on the web. Make the rings as close together or far apart as desired for aesthetic. Once you have finished all the rings your spider web is complete!
Taylor the size and shape specifically for your wall, bookshelf, or window. Make multiples in different colors and sizes- small white ones or large black ones. Even add in some bright colored webs just for fun! Add in little faux spiders for a more creepy effect!